Edited by Ashe
Every week I am always surprised by the selection of posts we receive here at IFB. I think back to before I started my blog, the discrimination I felt working in retail and adoring fashion, because it was shallow and it wasn’t academic. Now I look at the community I am a part of and think– how could anyone accuse fashion enthusiasts of being shallow? Or fashion designers, lovers of style? Indeed, like any frowned upon medium or niche, fashion has brains; it has ingenuity, it has controversy, it has creativity, and it has depth.
This week I want to celebrate those putting fashion and intellect together, to show that there’s more than meets that glittering eye…
Oh, and if you’re looking for something to do this summer… IFB is looking for interns!
Links à la Mode : April 22
Links à la Mode : April 22
- Agent Lover: – On The Search For The Perfect Retro Bathing Suit!
- Alice in Stilettos: – Interview with Edgy, Up-and-Coming Designer Chelsea Sutrisno
- Bay Area Style File: – Interview with Model turned Eco Friendly Beauty Brand owner Josie Maran.
- Bobbins and Bombshells: – Fashionable History: Lilly Dache – A True Fashion Success Story.
- Denim Debutante: – Meet US-Made NAEM Denim and Win Your Own Pair
- dramatis personae: – Back to the Future
- Fashion Pulse Daily: – Cynthia Rowley for Roxy Spring 2010
- For Those About to Shop: – Crystal Renn’s inspiring story of transformation may make you think twice about modelling industry:
- krameymartin: – Being pregnant doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your fashion sense. Check out this post to learn how to jazz up simple maternity pieces.
- La Chanelphile: – “The Allure of Chanel” by Paul Morand with Illustrations by Karl Lagerfeld
- M.I.S.S.: – The Rag Trade: The Sale Mentality. This week’s article looks at how we will get consumers to break the sale mentality and pay full price again.
- Night Watch: – DIY Tutorial: Burberry Prorsum F/W 2010-11 Inspired Blazer
- Oh, the Places You’ll Go!: – ASOS Curve Models – Plus, or not plus enough?
- Oranges and Apples: – Some thoughts on weight, fat activism and health
- Poetic & Chic: – Hamish Bowles, European Editor at Large for Vogue, visits the de Young in San Francisco to announce a new Balenciaga retrospective slated for spring 2011.
- Retro Chick: – Made To Measure – Dresses for those who aren’t a standard size
- shrimp salad circus: – DIY Spring Flowers Headband/Belt for Under
- The Coveted – Craving Miu Miu Clogs?
- the fashionate traveller: – Discovers the emerging Japanese fashion trend Dolly Kei, as seen through a visit to Grimoire, Shibuya’s premier vintage store.
- The Fashionista Lab: – I gave up shopping and gained a new perspective on using and building my wardrobe (hint: shoes are important)
- True Queen: – Warning: Men In Skirts – Examining a taboo trend that attempts to go mainstream
PLEASE READ IF YOU’D LIKE TO PARTICIPATE:
If you would like to submit your link for next week’s Links à la Mode, please register first, then post your links HERE. The HTML code for this week will be found in the Links a la Mode group will be published later today. ~Jennine