Behind the clothes
Edited by: Florrie Clarke of Intrinsically Florrie
It’s war of the underwear this week! What can lingerie do for our figures, what does body shaping underwear say about our feminist principles and how does our choice actually affect our health?
The post that will stay with me this week is The Button Owl’s, which broke my heart. Fashion isn’t just about vanity, but how we present ourselves to the world and this is all the more important when you have troubles to hide.
Links à la Mode: November 11th
- Any Second Now: Is it really practical financially to buy high-end clothing for children? Parents can be creative and frugal with wardrobe for their kids.
- Bachman’s Sparrow: Heels usually get all the glory when it comes to fashion, but in this post I want to show you a few ways to kick the heel habit.
- Be Fabulous Daily: Why I’m throwing away my Spanx (and what I replaced them with… it’s not entirely self-love).
- Fashezine: 4 ways to wear a basic American Apparel shirt, illustrated photography included.
- Forever Amber: Channeling Joan Holloway.
- Haute World: Deliciously fashionable: edible couture & more at Salon du Chocolat in Paris.
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: The Copywriting Scorecard for Fashion Bloggers
- Intrinsically Florrie: Dress success and another reason why I love the online fashion community.
- Love of Lace: A Lesson In Style From Europe: A comparison between ‘Secrets of French Girls’ and North American style.
- Modly Chic: How to read your google analytics and make blogging decisions based on your findings.
- Out of Order: Do-It-Yourself pom-pom headbands.
- Perfectly Indecisive: Pushing your fashion boundaries in summer (for those just heading into Summer not Winter)
- Retro Chick: Lingerie Love – Retro Shapewear from Gok Wan.
- Seamstress Stories: Can I wear a corset and still be a feminist?
- Simple Subtle Style: The Art of Layering for Winter.
- Style Every Day: How to travel with your jewelry.
- Style Geek: Interview with Dallas-Based Designer Sarah Jones of STATUS Talking about her line, how she started & the Dallas fashion scene.
- Style Symmetry: How To Purge & Pare Down Your Closet.
- Sweet Faced Style: Translating art into a look: An ode to Flaming June in an orange dress.
- The Button Owl: My best friend began dying when she was eleven years old as a result of kinder failure; “clothes are my defense”.
- The Demoiselles There’s talk of creating a “Photoshop Law” for fashion adverts. What do you think?
PLEASE READ IF YOU’D LIKE TO PARTICIPATE:
If you would like to submit your link for next week’s Links à la Mode, please register first, then post your links HERE. The HTML code for this week will be found in the Links a la Mode group will be published later today. ~Jennine