Links à la Mode: The IFB Weekly Roundup
By: Taylor Davies

LALM0117

Looking Forward

Edited by: Emily of Sugar and Spice

We’re already halfway through the first month of 2013 but that doesn’t mean bloggers aren’t still in reflective mode: creating resolutions for the coming year and looking to up-coming trends, whilst also looking back on the trends of 2012. There’s also a reflective element in many of the posts this week over blogging and how that might change over the coming year, not just on a personal level but more generally too. There’s also a good dose of travel inspired posts this week for those who are trying to beat the January blues and jet off somewhere sunny. And if you’re not jetting off somewhere away from the cold, make sure to check out the great how to layer below:

LINKS À LA MODE: THE IFB WEEKLY ROUND UP: JANUARY 17TH

SPONSOR:

Shopbop SwimwearLspace, Eberjey, Ella Moss, Shakuhachi, Milly Swim, Kushcush, Mara Hoffman bikinis, Beach Cover Ups, & One Pieces, & Dubbel Duffel

If you would like to submit your link for next week’s Links à la Mode, please register first, then post your links HERE where you see “Links a la mode  next week’s date (official)”. The HTML code for this week will be found in the Links a la Mode widget on the right side of the blog, and will be published later today. ~ Jennine

Comments

1. Avatar of Vicky
    Vicky says:

Congrats to the winners.. will have to spend sometime reading a few at the least.. http://www.fashionflu.com

2. Avatar of Victoria
    Victoria says:

Thank you so much for selecting my post! I can’t wait to read everyone else’s entries!

3. Avatar of Hope Walker
    Hope Walker says:

Thank you for picking my post!
    Everyone else’s posts are brilliant this week, honoured to be selected alongside them :)

xx

4. Avatar of We Are The Market

Thank you for selecting our post! However, our name was spelled wrong. Suppose to be We Are The Market. Who can I contact to fix this?

5. Avatar of E_Andreou
    E_Andreou says:

It was my first time submitting a post from my blog and I’m so pleased it was picked out for the weekly round up! It’s very encouraging to be put on par with other fashion bloggers who are so great at what they do! Great selection of articles to kick-start 2013!

Elena

6. Avatar of Laurel Teixeira

Just curious–how come every week there is an IFB entry winning for Links à la Mode (which is an IFB run recognition post)? Kind of odd and a bit nepotistic…

(Not trying to cause trouble, but it has been bothering me for a while…)

Ahhhh! I’m so glad someone else pointed this out! It’s been bothering me for weeks, now. It is odd..I mean, it’s akin to me having a contest on my blog, entering myself, and selecting myself as the winner. Weird… http://www.purplebananasandfudgeballs.blogspot.com

taylordavies says:

Hi there! No worries about bringing this up – we’re always here to answer questions. Links a la mode is a link sharing feature of IFB. Each and every blogger that is chosen and posted here is supposed to re-post the links on their site, creating more traffic and generating community for everyone involved (it’s stated in the LALM forum rules). We don’t police that as hard as we should, but that’s the intention of the round up.

Including one of our links is the same as the editor each week being allowed to include a post from their blog. IFB puts in a link because we contribute to sharing your links and giving them more traffic on our site – it’s all about spreading the love for each participating blogger.

Hope that helps – feel free to email me – taylor.ifb@gmail.com – if you want to discuss further!

7. Avatar of Katy
    Katy says:

Thanks so much for including me in this post. I admit to doing a little happy-dance when I saw that I was featured!

- Katy

8. Avatar of debi c
    debi c says:

so happy to be selected.
    i copy pasted the code on my blog and it was brought to my attention that the links were not working.all of them were leading to blogger.com”link”
    a reader who had this problem when she posted the code a couple of weeks ago notified me.
    i manually changed the links of the posts.
    my left hand hurts.