Sometimes trends really aren’t trends at all. They’re just what we want to wear, period. IFB Bloggers were beaming about stripes, rompers, the perfect Summer crop top, pajama day wear, the color mustard, leather on leather, and large florals. And it’s this last one that made a great point about what may seem to be an oh-so-last-year trend, may really be just what was in order. Other editorial topics to read up on and consider blogging about yourselves this month include transitioning one outfit for multiple occasions, preparing for Summer, a proper book review, Mother’s Day, and the Met Gala. However, make sure you’re sourcing your facts correctly; read on for insight on fashion rumor mills.
No link up before a holiday weekend would be complete without a gift guide. In addition to a Mother's Day guide, there is also a wonderful list of feminine chic bike helmets that your Mom would be just tickled to receive. My mom would take up bike riding in a heartbeat if she was promised a fancy helmet.
Links à la Mode, May 5
- Al Balsam Life: Met Gala 2016 | Iconic Fashion Moments
- Alive as Always: Mix It Up a Notch | Babydoll Batik
- The Antisocialista: I Like Big Buds and I Cannot Lie
- Arisgold: Five Reasons to Wear a Romper
- Cat Eyes & Skinny Jeans: May Crush List
- The Classy Junk: Black and Taupe | Outfit
- Distinguished Diva: Style Tip | The Easiest Way to Tie Ankara Headwrap | Video Tutorial
- The Dragonfruit Diaries: Beauty | Nightly Skincare Routine
- Everyday Starlet: Man Repeller | Seeking Love. Finding Overalls by Leandra Medine | Review
- The Fashionista Momma: Leather On Leather
- Finite 1: It’s Easy as 1-2-3
- Hey Just Jei: Mother’s Day Gifts to Make Mom Shine
- Les Assorties: Armadio | Undiscovered Italian Luxury Discovered
- Life in the Fash Lane: Summery Stripes
- Modavracha: Is Pyjamas Fashion Trend Stylish or Merely Comfortable?
- Sweet Tea Salvage: 10 Cute Bike Helmets
- Tales of Two: Channeling Your Inner Garden Nymph
- Vanity and Me: A Classic Look for Spring
- The Wanderbliss: Mustard
- We Are Ready Made: Rumour Has It
- Heads up! We’ve changed our submission process. First, read LALM’s submission guidelines here. Then submit your blog submission on our Facebook page starting Friday.
- If your link was selected and you need this week’s code, visit this page: Links à la Mode Code. (Note – we’ve changed where we are leaving the code, and hopefully this is easier for you to insert into your site.)