So what exactly quantifies “nailing your niche” by IFB standards? Well, this won’t be your typical list of blogger who make bank and have insane amounts of traffic and followers, command $10,000 appearance fees, and have more designer duds than the Olsen twins. No, we have a different perspective over here, and place value on other qualities. We decided to compile a list of 10 bloggers who have successfully harnessed their talents and have emerged from the masses as stand-outs among their peers. To be sure, our niche-nailing bloggers do indeed have high traffic and large followings, some work with agencies, and many have worked with enviable brands, but those traits go hand in hand with their unique content, genuine perspective and inspiring style.
IFB’s Top 10 Fashion Bloggers Who Nail Their Niche:
- We have featured Erica and Lauren, the women behind Honestly… WTF before, and with good reason! Their blog has that certain je ne sais quoi – an addictive mix of travel, DIY projects, fashion and culture.
- We love Blair and her “a picture is worth 1,000 words” approach to her style blog, Atlantic-Pacific. Her colorful, chic and enviable looks speak for themselves, and she’s proved to be a valuable brand ambassador and seems to grow more popular by the minute.
- Susie Lau’s style blog has been around since way back in 2006, and a benchmark for bloggers everywhere for nearly as long. She mixes her personal style with well-written posts and editorial review in an original and totally personal way that we can’t get enough of.
- Wendy Nguyen may be petite, but her style blog and Youtube channel are anything but. (We’re talking hugely popular.) On her main blog you can check out her daily outfits as illustrated through stunning photographs – but we’re even more obsessed with her awesome, accessible and totally fun (read: also extremely well produced) videos.
- Nicolette’s blog is really the ideal mix of high fashion, personal style, New York City life and fantastic photos. She’s been featured all over the place, contributes to Marie Claire, and her taste level is second to none.
- This is not your typical fashion blog, or even a personal style blog – but it’s one we can’t help but include because it’s just so pitch-perfect. Aliza Licht, Senior VP of Global Communications for Donna Karan, has captivated and educated us with her smart, witty and personal approach to social media (@DKNY) as well as her stellar Tumblr blog.
- This Tumblr blog serves as somewhat of an inspiration board for Lawrence Schlossman, one that has basically eclipsed his traditional menswear blog, Sartorially Inclined. He posts everything from collection picks to iconic celebrity looks to Kanye West and street style from all over the world. He sets the bar for up-and-coming menswear bloggers, and we love his taste level and sense of humor.
- This blog came flying onto the radar seemingly out of nowhere, with a stand-out Tumblr format and a refreshing photography style that couldn’t be ignored. Jamie Beck has captivated an audience with her behind the scenes fashion access, travel and lifestyle pieces, collaborations with bloggers like The Glamourai and hypnotizing cinemagraphs.
- Nicole’s blog makes our list because not only has she propelled herself to the top of her game in personal style blogging, but she’s also been able to parlay her popularity and taste into an online store and successful business.
- When it comes to street style blogs, it seems like a new one crops up every 5 minutes. We love the photography of STREETFSN because it spans everything from fashion week to menswear, editors, bloggers, models and chic strangers, all with crystal clear and razor sharp images and interesting angles.
How do you like our list of power bloggers? Anyone you think we’re missing? We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments!
[Images credited to their respective blogs.]