Blogging can be lonely. Whether you blog in the early morning before your 9 to 5, on the weekends, or 24/7 it’s usually a solo task. But take a look on Instagram. A lot of your favorite bloggers are friends. They’re invited to the same events, work with the same brand, or even are at the same house for Coachella. The girls that are major players in the blog game know that there’s enough room at the top for friends. So stop taking a look at other blogs and comparing yourself. Instead, befriend the blogger in your neighborhood and do something productive in your newfound friendship. Here are 18 ideas.
Collaboration Ideas for Bloggers
1. Start a blogger network: highlight your entrepreneurial spirit and get a group of bloggers united. Foster rewarding relationships and have an army of bloggers in your corner. I did this with The Style Darling, who I met at an IFB Con and it led to us working with Diesel for an in-store event.
2. Teach a workshop: I just taught one at West Chester University with my makeup artist friend empowering students to look their professional best for the job interview. Other bloggers are using workshops to make money. There’s Pepperologie, Blogcademy and Blogshop to name a few.
3. Plan a sponsored event. Scout out a brand, boutique, or local hair salon and hold something fabulous to promote you and their biz. Win, win!
4. Create a local styling competition. Your blogs can host the event and award something fabulous from a sponsor.
5. Guest blog on each other's site. This is great for vacation season.
6. Create a gift guide to share on each of your blogs.
7. Craft an ebook. Share you knowledge to your fan base and theirs.
8. Share a sponsor and do same-day giveaway. Get multiple girls involved (like what blog agencies do) and make this campaign make an impact online.
9. Start a twitter party #bestieblogbuds.
10. Host G+ chat hangout.
11. Cohost a web show.
12. Pitch to do TV together. Your local news may want to showcase local bloggers (blogging is hot right now, so capitalize on it!). Show how to make a signature cocktail together or vintage shopping tips, whatever makes sense for your brand.
13. Throw a clothing swap for charity. Sharing is caring… and great PR.
14. Create a blog series. Weekly, monthly, whatever. Make it consistent and people will follow.
15. Be each other’s outfit post photographer. 2 posts done at one time. Perhaps pose together?
16. Go to events together and take lots of Instagram pics. You’ll stand out more at an event with your blogger entourage and brands will remember that when they invite you they get lots of social media exposure. Perhaps the next event you’ll be hired to host?
17. Create an Esty shop together. Curate vintage and go into a mini biz with a blogger bud.
18. Blogger brunch bash! Get the gals together (or guys) and network. Happy hour works too!
As you can see, there’s a whole lot of beneficial ideas to help you make blog friends and build your brand. Use these as inspiration and set up a power lunch to start planning with a new blog friend.