Twitter is a significant platform to boost marketing exposure and capture the attention of your target audience. Twitter is a platform for audiences that seek intellectual stimulation and viral content, and it offers marketers a wide array of features to engage audiences with immersive and interactive content.
Twitter’s most interactive and attention-grabbing features include the ability to pin a post on the top of your profile. Have you been using this feature since it was first introduced? I bet you were, but are you using it effectively to enjoy the advantages it has to offer?
More importantly, do you know what kind of tweets you should pin to the top of your Twitter profile? This article will walk you through a detail guide on how to pin a tweet effectively to boost your marketing success and enjoy greater lead generation and conversion benefits from Twitter.
How to Pin a Tweet to Boost Marketing Success?
When it comes to marketing and brand development, social media offers a wide array of features, and Twitter is no different in this regard. Maria Godwin Lead Editor, Bestreviews.co.uk says “Small and medium-scale enterprises (SMEs) and online marketers have much to gain by effectively using the pin a tweet feature to boost their Twitter marketing strategies. All of our new followers go through our pinned post before exploring our Twitter page which really helps us to promote our service or any specific blog post”
How can the ‘Pin a Tweet’ feature help your brand?
- Boosting Twitter engagements
- Gaining more followers
- Gaining exposure for major campaigns
- Getting more likes and retweets
However, in order to enjoy these advantages, it is crucial to use this feature pragmatically and effectively. It is ideal to pin tweets that will maximize the potential to boost lead generation and engagement, and increase exposure for major marketing campaigns.
- Pinning your Tweet
Follow these steps to start pinning tweets on your profile:
- Open your Twitter account.
- Scroll down to the twee that you desire to pin to the top.
- Click on the inverted triangle on the top-right corner.
- A drop-down menu of options will open up, click on the “pin to your profile” option.
- You’ve just pinned your chosen tweet to the top of your Twitter account.
- Pinning someone else’s Tweet
Follow these steps to pin someone else’s tweet to your Twitter account:
- Go their profile
- Scroll down to the tweet you seek to pin to your account
- Click on the inverted triangle on the top-right corner of the post
- Click on the option embed tweet
- A popup will open up, uncheck the option of “include media”.
- Scroll down to obtain the raw text of your chosen tweet.
- Copy the text including the images, if the tweet contains images.
- The process of pinning this tweet remains the same
- Be sure to give the relevant person credits, and check if the person allows his/her tweets to be retweeted.
- You’re all done!
- Pinning a Retweet
Follow these steps to pin a retweet on your Twitter profile:
- Open your twitter account.
- Scroll down to the retweet you seek to pin to your profile.
- Select the ellipsis symbol on the upper-right corner of the tweet.
- Select the “embed” tweet option.
- As the new overlay opens, be sure to copy the text version of the retweet and include the picture URL If you wish to keep the image intact in your pin.
- Tweet the content you’ve copied and then follow the process mentioned above to pin it to your profile.
- Be sure to give credits to the original author of the tweet to avoid copyright infringement.
- You’ve pinned a retweet successfully!
- Pinning a Tweet on a Smartphone App (Android & iPhone)
Here’s how you can pin a tweet using your smartphone Twitter app:
- Go to the tweet you seek to pin.
- Click on the triangular symbol on the top-right corner of your profile page.
- Select the option ‘pin to my profile page’.
- You’ve successfully pinned a tweet from your smartphone app.
If you’re unable to see the ‘pin a tweet’ feature on your Twitter app, be sure to update your app version to obtain it.
What Posts should you Pin to your Twitter Profile?
As explained above, pinning a tweet to your Twitter profile is an excellent strategy to boost visibility, and generate leads and maximize conversions. Pinning a post allows you to make sure an important campaign or blog post is visible to all the new visitors that arrive on your Twitter account.
It will help you capture the attention of your visitors with an engaging tweet, encouraging them to explore your timeline further. The Pinned tweet can be used to promote discounts and seasonal offers, or alert your consumer audience about a newly launched product collection or service,
Here are some posts that you should pin to your Twitter profile for enhanced exposure and engagement:
- Blog Posts
Shayne Sherman, CEO of Techloris says “Pinning an interactive and immersive blog post that has a significant audience engagement or offers something special in terms of creativity or information, will help you expand your credibility and brand integrity”
It is advisable to pin blog posts that offer superior value to your audience so you can capture viewers with excellent content the second they arrive on your account.
- Marketing Campaigns
Have you recently launched a video marketing campaign? Or perhaps, you collaborated with a social media influencer or another brand from your industry? Pinning a campaign or product line shoot will help you increase marketing return on investment (ROIs) by gaining maximum exposure for your campaigns.
- Client Testimonials
Saving the positive reviews and testimonials of your product and services from your clientsand sharing these testimonials with a pinned post on your profile will help you capture potential clients by cementing your credibility and brand integrity” says Jonathan, V.P of Operations of Kids Car Canada
- PR Initiatives
Has your brand been subjected to misinformation, or a controversy that threatens to deplete your profits and harm your brand identity? You can use the pin a tweet feature to issue a response to such a controversy and clear out the misinformation effectively.
- New Products/Services
Have you recently launched a new collection of products? Pinning your product profile, or a video introducing your new collection will prove significantly beneficial in generating leads and boosting conversions.
Sam Browne, Founder of Find a DJ says “Potential clients and existing customers that view this pin upon opening your twitter account will be encouraged to head over to your website and indulge in some shopping. Posting videos of newly launched services will help you enjoy higher bookings and acquire new clients”
Brands and marketers are advised to use the pin a tweet feature to their best advantage by carefully selecting posts and tweets that truly deserve the attention.
Now do not pin anything because the twiter does not censor the posts of politicians well … If you even wrote a nice tutorial and what I think, and Twiter will block me !!!! http://piotrmak.com