One of the most asked questions to me as a blogger, is “Who takes your outfit photos?” The answer, most are surprised about the answer, “I do.” Some bloggers have ‘helpers' who take their photos, and some bloggers, such as myself do their own photography. Here is a step by step video guide to how I take photos with my SLR camera.
Notes from the Video
There are just three things you'll need to make outfit shots easier:
- Camera: I use a Canon EOS Digital Rebel (updated). Most SLR's have remote capabilities, some point and shoots, check your product manuals to see if your camera does this. Always make sure when buying a new camera that it has remote options.
- Remote : To find a remote for your camera, you can just google your model + remote. This is what I came up with and use: Canon Wireless RC1
- Tripod: More important than you think, I've broken two cameras because I didn't use a remote (stupid wind!) It's an investment that's really worth it. This Amazon Basics model is well worth its price tag to save your camera!
Steps to taking your outfit photo:
- Set up your camera where you want to take the photo
- Use a marker on the ground to do your light readings and where to frame your shot (to make the marker… use a rock, a line in the sidewalk, leaf, anything works)
- Go to your spot and take a test shot
- Check your photo to see if you're in the frame, the light is good, and you're in focus
- Go back to your spot and shoot away!
This is the result from the shoot:
This photo I used for doing a review my new project, the eat, sleep, denim blog last week, so I really used, it.
How do you take your outfit photos? Did I miss any tips?
Special thanks to Profresh Style for shooting the video!