Though some experts claim “SEO is dead,” learning the foundations of good SEO (i.e. Search Engine Optimization) for your fashion blog has never been more important. At its heart, SEO is all about making it easier for search engines to find your content. Google (or your search engine of choice, whatever it may be), wants to put the most relevant search results at the top; they want to connect their users with the resources that are the best. SEO is about making sure your best content – the pieces that are most beneficial, useful, and helpful to your readers – is getting seen.
There are no shortcuts to good SEO anymore; Google's been steadily chipping away at bad tactics that surfaced awful content above much better results. But if you build your blog and write your content with your readers in mind, good SEO will naturally follow. If you're new to the whole SEO conversation, check out one of the 40 articles from the IFB archives below (roughly ordered from oldest to newest). You're sure to find lots of good information here!
Fellow IFB-ers, what are your most tried-and-true SEO tips? Any advice for new bloggers?
- Work Smarter, Not Harder: 3 Ways to Massively (And Permanently) Increase Your Traffic
- 50 Online Tools to Better Your Blog
- Link Building 101 for Fashion Bloggers
- Viral Content in Fashion: What Makes It Go Big?
- Where to Draw the Line with Copied Content
- Beginner SEO Tips for Fashion Bloggers
- 23 Ways to Promote Posts and Increase Your Blog Traffic
- Best Free WordPress SEO Plugins
- Former SEO Manager for Elle.com Shares Biggest Rookie Blogger Mistakes
- SEO Tips: How to Increase Traffic with the IMG ALT Tags
- Categories + Tags: What They Are & How to Use Them